Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Hazards of Love

I simply adore the new Decemberists album.

It's called the Hazards of Love, and all 17 songs is really one LOOOONG song. If you're burning it to a CD, make sure there aren't any gaps between tracks, otherwise it'll just ruin the whole effect.

It's true, I'd play the cd and when I look back at the player it's like, "Eh, track 6 already? Waah"

Apparently, the album is a story of girl meets shape-shifter boy, and mommy disapproves. I could be wrong, I wasn't paying attention when I read the album review. And I wanted to read the lyrics for the songs but I haven't had time. Considering that I usually listen to music when I'm in the car, looking at lyrics sheets while driving is really not advisable, no?


edit - okay, I've listened to the album while reading the lyrics and it's even better than what I thought. I adored it and now I absolutely loved it! The ending's kinda sad, but oh so beautiful. I had a picture in my head of watching this being played out on stage with fawns and rivers and dead children taking revenge on their dad. Please, please come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment