Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sappy Stories and Happy Endings

I just saw He's Just Not That Into You with Geraldine, and I think it's alright. There's a happy ending, embarrassing scenarios, good looking people, and a chasing scene. Well not really chasing, like in regular romantic comedies, but that scene when the characters have that moment of epiphany, and they realise who they're in love with all this time, and proceed to run after the object of their affection.

There's also some really cringe-worthy scenes that I just can't bear to watch. Seriously, I was covering my eyes like it was a horror movie, but I guess it all worked out in the end. I like the chemistry between Gigi and that Justin Long dude. It was quite obvious from the start, and they really are cute together.

Man that Justin Long came a long way from playing that dork in Ed. He's really adorable here.

And there was a part of me that wanted Bradley Cooper to end up with Scarlett Johansson, but that's probably residue from the "Edward" incident. I carried a torch for that one long after it ended. But I always carry a torch for people long after it was over, whatever it was that happened anyway. I haven't heard from "Edward" since it ended, and if things go the way I want them to, he hasn't heard anything about me either.




Looking back, is it bad that I, the audience, can't remember the character's name? I can remember their real names, the one that's in the gossip columns. The characters can be called Jamilah Kalsom or Abu Buah Berangan, and it wouldn't have mattered. Another thing, Bradley Cooper was in Alias, which stars Jennifer Garner who's married to Ben Affleck. Justin Long is, or was dating Drew Barrymore and the rest, I don't have that six degrees of separation info at the top of my head.

Yeah, that's something to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment