Saturday, March 28, 2009

In the Beginning

A friend of mine (let's call him Giant, but that not really his name) asked if I had a "thing" about going shopping. The reason he asked is because the last movie I saw was Gone Shopping and Confessions of a Shopaholic. And my "thing" is, I have a problem that I think every problem can be solved when you buy stuff.

So yeah, I can totally relate to those movies.

Anyway, as part of my "I think I can solve all the shit that's going on in my life by spending" outlook, I bought a ticket to Perth. This was a few days ago. I saw an ad in the paper, and how very apt is the name of the offer? It's called the Credit Crunch Sale.

I have to admit I have my reservations about going, since it's just going to be me, and I've never been to Australia. Another concern that I have is that, it IS that time of the decade when all the stocks are down, export figures down, growth figures down, unemployment rate up, and I think suicide figures are also up.

But what the heck. Perth here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment